I am not supposed to be here posting a recipe for you guys and my online cookbook but I am. I really like it here in the morning chatting away like a crazy women to who know's. I mean, I may just be chatting away to myself some days with the crazy creations I come up with and I'm brave enough to post. I never post anything that I don't like! (don't ask my why I said that... derr, I'm crazy but not that bad!) but it seems that there are a lot of people out there that are looking for healthy alternatives and if my little recipes help just one person then my day has been made!
I received some samples from Protein Supplies Australia on Monday and included in the package was their Bio Pure Sprouted and Fermented Brown Rice Protein. In this recipes I've used the natural flavour but they do a range of really interesting and delicious sounding one as well. Next I will try the Chocolate Hazelnut. They also do a Vanilla Cinnamon. I've copied the stats from their page below which explains why I'm really impressed with this product. For a dairy free and easily digested protein with enhanced nutrition the flavour and texture is great.
Pure Brown Rice Protein Powder - BioPro (Organic 90% Protein)
- 90% Protein
- Bio-fermented & raw
- Complete amino acid profile
- No fat and Low carb
- Dairy free, Soy free & Lactose free
- Gluten free & Wheat free
- Non GMO and Easy digestion
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly
- Kosher approved
- Hypo allergenic
Bio Pro Chocolate Caramel Stars – Protein Cookies
¾ cup pitted dates
½ cup organic dried coconut
½ cup rolled oats
1 scoop Bio Pro protein powder
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp mesquite powder
1 tsp maca
2/3 cup pitted dates
2/3 cup organic dried coconut
2 tsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla paste or powder
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend until fin and sticky then remove from the bowl and keep aside while you prepare the chocolate layer
- Do the same for the chocolate layer as above.
- On a piece of non-stick paper or a teflex sheet roll the caramel layer out to about ½ cm thickness.
- On another piece of non-stick paper or teflex do the same with the chocolate layer the carefully place it on top of the caramel layer and gently give it another roll to make then stick together
- Using a star cookie cutter or something similar cut out shapes. You could also slice them into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. The will be fine out of the fridge to take to the gym, work or in lunch boxes.
Put a few in your bag if your going out for a tea or coffee dates with friends so that you have healthy snack to enjoy while socialising. They will also save you a lot of money. J