Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Strawberry and Passionfruit Spark Pre-workout stars


There have been so many raw ball recipes going around, especially an apricot one that keeps popping up on my feeds. So, in a moment of madness yesterday, or should I say a moment of just needing to get away from working at my computer and clearing my head, I made these up and wow, they've come out really nice. The added flavour from the Spark Strawberry and Passionfruit pre-workout is so good. I don't think I've ever seen a pre workout snack, let alone one this good. With it's added boost of Pea protein its a double whammy of body building goodness. Remember our bodies need protein to build and repair, there is a higher demand for these when we workout and train hard. 


Why is this my choice of pre-work out for my family, because it does not contain any banned substances! You'd be amazed at the number of pre-workout avaialable that athletes are rushing out to purchase before they get taken off the market. Not only that we even know people that have taken them and had quite bad reactions after. Nothing short of a heart attack in my opinion. It's just not worth it and who know if there are after affects that may be experienced later on. This pre workout from Protien Supplies Australia is true to their core values which is to product pure, natural, no crap added products that not only work but they all taste great as well. Here are some specs on the pre-workout:


SPARK (All natural pre-workout)
Strawberry & Passionfruit
  • Promote nitric oxide
  • Increase muscle carnosine levels
  • Support atp + energy levels
  • Increase muscle strength
  • Vasolidation
  • Antioxidant, Gluten free & Lactose free
  • No artificial colours – flavours or sweeteners
  • Vegan friendly
  • No added sugar

INGREDIENTS
Beta Alanine, Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Tyrosine, L-Arginine, Guarana, L-Leucine, Dehydrated Strawberry Powder, Dehydrated Passionfruit Power, Beetroot Powder, Natural Sweetenerrs (Xylitol, Stevia), Silica, Citric Acid.

 Strawberry and Passionfruit Spark Pre-workout stars


Makes: About 12-15

Ingredients:

½ cup cashews
½ cup coconut
½ cup dates
1 lg tbs vanilla pea protein powder or similar
1 tbs spark Spark Strawberry and Passionfruit pre workout or similar
1/3 tsp cinnamon

Preparation:
  1. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend on high until it turns into fudgy dough and start to come away from the edges. You will need to use the tamper to move it around so that the motor does not burn out. 
  2. Remove from blender then roll out to approximatley 1cm thickness then cut into stars with a cookie cutter
  3. Alternatively if you don't have a cutter cut into bars with a sharpe knife or pizza cutter or roll into balls
TIPS
  • To make them nut free you could substitute sunflower seeds, hemps seeds, more dried coconut  or rolled oats but with the oats you will have to add some coconut oil to stop them from being too dry. 
  • I don't recommend using a whey protein powder as they have a different consistency. Alternatives would be sprouted rice protein powder, a combination protein powder, hemp or another type of pea protein. 
  • There are other brands of pre workout just make sure that you read the ingredients and trust that it not chemically laden. 

I hope these not only give you and burst of energy for your workout but also inspire you to get out there and give it your all! Enjoy! 

Disclaimer: No, Protein Supplies Australia do not pay me to say this stuff, they have sent me samples in the past and I have an account with them (why wouldn't I ;-) ) I just feel it's important to let people know that there are alternatives to some of the chemically laden supplements on the market. It's who I am. Pure and natural to the core! If and when I find companies that have products I use on a regular basic, I will share them with you as well. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)