Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Rich Chocolate Walnut Brownies


Chocolate Brownie
 Rich and chocolatey as this batch had some cream filled chocolates added to it. 

I've made this brownie twice in the last week and it doesn't last long! I have to say that it's gone within about 4-5 hours to be honest. It's a very rich and chocolatey brownie thats made with a short list of ingredients and left over egg yolks. It's the egg yolks and I think that add to the rich decadent flavour. Or was it the fact that the chocolate I added also had some filled specialty chocolates in it as well. Left overs from Easter. :-) No, can't be, as I didn't use them the first time but if you want to make it really special, that's the trick!! Mmmm think caramels!! I've inspired myself writing this post.


This is a quick post as my main aim for this one is me!! I need to get it online so it's easy for me to find whenever or wherever I am. Life is about to take a huge turn, more to come on that soon...

 Rich Chocolate Walnut Brownies


Ingredients:

1 cup coconut sugar
1 ½ cup walnuts ground up into fine meal + ½ cup pieces
3 large tbs raw cacao powder
1 tbs vanilla powder
1 1/3 tsp baking powder

8 egg yolks
2 tbs coconut oil
½ cup coconut milk or cream
½ cup chocolate pieces or choc chips (make sure they're dairy free if needed) 

Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 180oc and grease or line a square baking dish with baking paper.
  2. Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
  3. Add wet ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth or you can leave some texture in the chocolate if you wish
  4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir through the pour into the lined baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes. (check at 30 minutes to ensure you don't overcook it, test by inserting a skewer, it should come out dry when it's ready)

 This is the first batch, super delicious but not as fudgy without the cream filled chocolate. 



Enjoy!! 

I might even have to make another batch today.. :-) 

2 comments:

  1. This is an epic recipe! When made with walnuts they're a bitter sweet brownie which my adult friends love! If I substitute pecans and hazelnuts, they're very sweet which my kids love. I also use four whole eggs in place of 8 yolks and it works well. Thank you for your genius Karen! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, so glad you are all enjoying them, we love them as well and I'm glad you've been able to adjust the recipe to suit you families taste buds!! :-) xx

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)