A quick note about the products I recommend for my recipes. It's not essential that you use the exact same ones and by all means improvise with what you have at home. I can't always ensure that you results will be exactly the same if you use a different type of protein as they all then to react a little bit different to each other. I can say though though if you use the same type, as in pea, whey or sprouted rice then you should get a great result. For some it's a great way to use up those protein powders you've all bought but just never seems to use. You know who you are and there definitely are a lot of pantries out there with at least on container that's not getting used.
Mango Strawberry and Acai Protein Crunch and Fudge Balls
Makes: about 10 depending on size and how much you consume whilst blending :-)
1 medium ripe mango
½ cup oatmeal (ground rolled oats)
½ cup natural almond meal or plain almonds
½ cup PSA WPI Strawberry and Acai protein powder or similar
1 tbs ground chia
1 tsp L-Glutamine - optional
¾ cup soft, pitted dates
Coconut for rolling – about 1/2 cup
Walnuts, pecans or almonds to fill. – about 1 cup
- Add the oatmeal, almonds meal or almonds, protein powder, chia and L-Glutamine if using to a food processor and blend to distribute the ingredients, especially the chia.
- Add the dates and mango flesh then blend until it becomes a smooth sticky and almost elastic mixture.
- Remove the blade if your food processor is a smaller one or alternatively spoon into a bowl then refrigerate for 2-3 hours to cool and become firm.
- With damp hands flatten out a tablespoon for 2 into a flat disc then place a walnut in the centre.
- Shape into a ball then roll in coconut.