Thursday, November 26, 2015

Mango Strawberry and Acai Protein Crunch and Fudge Balls

I know, I'm on a roll. All this time to myself and a cupboard full of great ingredients for making treats that will last until the main man gets back next week. Here's the other ball I made whilst I was experimenting with Protein Balls a few days ago. I have a really good collection of Protein Powders. This one uses a whey protein isolate which creates a slightly different texture to concentrate. I've also used a few different ingredients in this one but it still has mango in it which has helped to create a beautiful chewy and fudgy texture.


A quick note about the products I recommend for my recipes. It's not essential that you use the exact same ones and by all means improvise with what you have at home. I can't always ensure that you results will be exactly the same if you use a different type of protein as they all then to react a little bit different to each other. I can say though though if you use the same type, as in pea, whey or sprouted rice then you should get a great result. For some it's a great way to use up those protein powders you've all bought but just never seems to use. You know who you are and there definitely are a lot of pantries out there with at least on container that's not getting used. 

Mango Strawberry and Acai Protein Crunch and Fudge Balls

Makes: about 10 depending on size and how much you consume whilst blending :-) 

Ingredients:

1 medium ripe mango
½ cup oatmeal (ground rolled oats)
½ cup natural almond meal or plain almonds
1 tbs  ground chia
1 tsp L-Glutamine - optional
¾ cup soft, pitted dates
Coconut for rolling – about 1/2 cup
Walnuts, pecans or almonds to fill. – about 1 cup

Preparation:
  1. Add the oatmeal, almonds meal or almonds, protein powder, chia and L-Glutamine if using to a food processor and blend to distribute the ingredients, especially the chia.
  2. Add the dates and mango flesh then blend until it becomes a smooth sticky and almost elastic mixture.
  3. Remove the blade if your food processor is a smaller one or alternatively spoon into a bowl then refrigerate for 2-3 hours to cool and become firm.
  4. With damp hands flatten out a tablespoon for 2 into a flat disc then place a walnut in the centre.
  5. Shape into a ball then roll in coconut.


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)