Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Paleo Protein Pancakes with Apple and Cinnamon Compote


Things have been a bit quiet on this blog. Yikes!! I've been super busy with other things in my life and the lack of having my own functional kitchen and limited internet has also got in the way. I've spent the last 2 months living in our motorhome in our driveway. There are no bedrooms left in the house as they're all takin up, any spares have been rented out to uni students and 2 of our children take up the rest. That makes it 5 uni students in one house! Imagine getting time in the kitchen. So why now am I able to do up some recipes and get the posted. Well!! .. that's because we have sold the Motorhome! Yep! it's gone but it doesn't mean we're moving back home. We have a few things up our sleeve and hope to know in the next couple of week what life will bring us this year. For now I have absolutely no idea.

I know live in the garage, my husband is away at work for the week and Uni has gone back! Yeah, empty house so I can get into my happy place and create with lots of people to share it with.

Another little secret I have to share is... I've also been working very hard on a new product I've created. I've been working on this for quite a while and I'm really excited to get it out there. I've created a business called 'Luving Life Wholefoods" and all of the products are grain free, gluten free, Paleo and dairy free. There's a Nut free Bread mix a Baking mix and a Self Raising Flour

Apple Cinnamon Pre-workout Pancakes with Apple and Cinnamon Compote

Serves 4

Compote:

3 apples – sliced
9-10 tbs sultanas
16 pitted dates – sliced
½ cup coconut shreds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1-2 tsp vanilla
1 lime zested - optional
Juice from ½ lime - optional
4 -8 tbs rice syrup, maple syrup or honey
8 tbs water

1 tbs walnut per person - optional 

Pancakes:

2 cups Luving Life Wholefoods Self Raising Flour - (grain free, gluten free)
1 cup Protein Supplies Australia WPC protein powder – pure or vanilla
2 eggs
Approx 300ml coconut milk or almond milk
2 cupful apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla powder or paste

Preparation:

Compote:
  1. Add all ingredients to a pot on medium heat get to a simmer, turn to low with the lid on and allow to cook and soften for up to 20 minutes. 
  2. Stir occasionally whilst ensuring it doesn't get to dry, if it does add a few tablespoons of water. 
  3. Once it is ready set aside to cool. 
Pancakes:
  1. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine making sure there are no lumps and it's well distributed. 
  2. Place 2 large tablespoons per pancake onto a greased frypan on medium to low heat and cook on one side for about 1 minute then turn to do the other side. 
  3. Repeat until you have used up all the mixture. 
Assembly:

Layer the pancakes with the compote then sprinkle 1 tbs of crushed walnuts and a large dollop of CoYo or yoghurt and enjoy! 

PS: An extra smothering or honey, maple syrup or rice syrup makes it pretty damn special as well! :-) 

 
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)