Sunday, August 14, 2016

Grain free, Gluten free, Paleo, Yeast Bread


I know, I know! It's been a long time between posts! The truth is I really miss blogging and sharing my recipes but I've been so strapped for time, I'm never able to get a descent photo let along find time put a post together for my beloved blog.


As for my blog, what do you think of the new format? It still needs a lot.. yes I mean 'A LOT' of work  to get it where I want it to be. Nothing's simple in the world of cyberspace and setting up complicated websites is one. Just as I get the hang of something they go and change it on me and get all technical! So for now i'd like to apologise for the mess and disorganisation of the site but at least you'll be able to see the new stuff and  hopefully find the old recipes here which is actually much easier for find than it was before. You'll see it in the bar across the top.


Time to share our favourite bread and the easy recipe that goes with it! I make this bread at least 2 to 3 times a week. It's the only bread we use for everything from breakfast through to dinner. It's perfect toasted and fresh! My husband loves it smothered with butter and honey, I love it sliced thinly, toasted and doused in coconut oil.


Grain Free Yeast Bread 
Makes: 1 loaf using 350g of mix

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 sachet tandaco yeast or 2 tsp dry yeast
1 tsp sea or Himalayan Salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
2 eggs
Option:
3 eggs and 1 ¼ cups water

Preparation:
  1. Ground bread mix until fine with the salt and baking powder
  2. Add to a large mixing bowl with the yeast and stir to combine
  3. Add the room temperature eggs, tepid water and vinegar then stir for about 1 minute to create a thick dough.
  4. Turn the dough into the bread loaf pan and flatten the top
  5. Place into the oven and turn the heat to 180 degrees Celsius, no fan!
  6. Set the timer at 1 hour and 10 minutes
  7. When the timer goes off you can remove the loaf from the pan and set it back into the oven for 10-15 minutes to finish off the crust or it can be removed straight away if it sounds hollow when tapped with the back of you hand.
  8. Allow to cool, then store in a bag or container allowing the loaf to breath so that it does not sweat.
NOTES:
  • If you like a seedy loaf then just blend part of the mix or none at all to give it some full seed crunch.
  • If you don't have a proper dedicated bread pan you can use a cake loaf pan but it may need to be lined with non stick baking paper or lightly greased. 
  • If you are going to freeze you may find it best to pre slice then place sheets between the slices so that you can remove them as needed without having to defrost the whole loaf. 
  • Highly recommend that in warmer temperatures you store your bread in the fridge!!
  • Can also be enjoyed straight from the oven warm and hot while the crust is still crisp! 
  • Best stored in the fridge in a vented container so that it doesn’t sweat. Keeps well for at least a week. May be frozen.
  It slices perfectly and is nice and pliable so it works well for sandwiches and burgers. 

 Grab a bag of the mix I've created at my new shop
As always - Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)