Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Cranberry, Coconut and Almond Cookies


 Cookies!! 2 to 3 times a week I make a batch. These are the result of Mondays effort. I hadn't done a cookie for a while so decided today was the day. I find them really quick and easy to make. I use an old coffee measurer from one of the old time coffee machines, it's the perfect size and shape for cookies which makes them super easy to scoop and shape.
Not only do I have our staff to cater for we also have visitors again, Craig's mum and dad are here. They're a great help with the business. Marg is fantastic with the dogs and cats while Lindsay helps Craig to get on top of all the little odd jobs. Painting, mowing, gardening, building, all those blokie things.
I don't know if you already know, but I'm going to tell you anyway. (as I do! ;-) ) Cranberries are really good for UTI's (Urinary tract infections) and I've had a few friends get then lately so this inspired me to grab the packet of dried cranberries while out food shopping.  Everybody commented how much they enjoyed them so here's the recipe.
Cranberry, Coconut and Almond Cookies


Makes: 35

Ingredients:

1 cup blanched almond meal
1 cup rolled oats or quinoa for Paleo
1 ½ cups coconut sugar
½ cup org coconut flakes
½ cup almond flakes
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup cacao buttons
75ml maple syrup
½ cup coconut sugar extra
2-3 tbs water

Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius, no fan and line 2 baking trays.
  2. Add almond meal, oats or quinoa, 1 cup sugar, coconut, almond flakes, and cranberries to a bowl and stir to combine
  3. Add cacao, syrup and extra ½ cup coconut to a frypan on medium and melt until it starts to froth and bubble.
  4. Add cacao mix to dry mix with water and stir to create a thick dough
  5. Shape into 35 balls and flatten slightly before baking for 12-14 minutes.





As per usual, Enjoy! 

4 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I'm featuring them tonight on Allergy-Free Thursdays. Can't wait to see what you share this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elle, thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to seeing the other recipes you share and the new linkups. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing these with us at Allergy Free Thursdays! They look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Raia. I love sharing at Allergy Free Thursdays. :-)

      Delete

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)