Friday, February 24, 2017

Blueberry White Chocolate Tarts

With their thick, creamy, raw vegan and antioxidant rich filling in a healthy biscuity base free from grains, gluten, and dairy these tarts are deliciously memorable. They lasted about 10 minutes when I served them to our gorgeous, heathy, vegan and vegetarian staff. This is the second lot of raw vegan tarts I've done for them and both went down so well they've inspired me to finish my 'Little Book of Raw Tarts' I started a few years ago and promised to get finished. I'd love to have it done by Easter, this year, fingers crossed :-)
I've been really busy getting stuff done for my other website Luving Life Wholefoods where I've decided not to sell the prepackage baking mix's, but to sell the recipes as a downloadable PDF instead so that you can make your own at home. I'm just not competitive enough to put it on the market and compete with the 100's of new products and premixes hitting the shelves these days. I make these for myself and have for years. I can't live without my containers not being full. In a flash I can throw together healthy, grain free, gluten free, Paleo cakes, muffins, pancakes, slices and breads. We just love them all. As for the gluten free bread mix, I've developed recipes for sourdough, yeast risen, Paleo bread, vegan breads and so much more. You must check it out.
I've finally decided that I'm going to start doing most of my blogging from the Luving Life Wholefoods blog as its a much better setup. It will include all of my healthy alternatives and more.
For today, lets start with this delicious treat, it took less than 1/2 hr to make them and you'll have most of the ingredients if your already into heathy eating. If you've got something special happening this weekend and you'd like to offer a treat that's a little different, Wow them with these.  I'm sure everyone will be blown away with your creativity. If not, make them for yourself and hide them at the back of the fridge so no one else can see them. Most of all ... Enjoy! 
 Blueberry White Chocolate Tarts
Makes: 8 x 6cm tarts

Ingredients:

Base:

½ cup Buckinies
½ cup sprouted almonds
1/3 cup dried coconut
1 cup pitted dates

1 tsp vanilla paste

Filling:

1 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
¾ cup pitted dates
¾ cup cacao buttons
1 tsp vanilla paste
¼ cup rice or maple syrup
¼ cup Coconut yoghurt or cream
½ tsp guar gum or psyllium

Preparation:

Base:
  1. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until fine and it sticks together when pressed into a ball.
  2. Divide mixture between the 6 tart shells and press in to create a base.
  3. Set aside while you prepare the filling. 
Filling:
  1. Add all ingredients except the gum or psyllium if using to a high speed blender and blend on high until completely smooth and creamy with no grainy bits at all.
  2. Add the gum or psyllium and continue to blend until it thickens a blends in.
  3. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a decorative nozzle.
  4. Place into the fridge for ½ hr or until it is firm enough to keep it’s form when piped into the bases.
  5. Alternatively you can pipe the mix straight into the bases, (as shown) or spoon straight into the base and smooth the top.
  6. Sprinkle with extra dried coconut if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer:

I am not a doctor, registered dietitian or fitness expert. The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with food, fitness and life and hopefully to inspire you. All content provided on my blog is for informational purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Karen

Karenluvslife

Labels

baking (70) bread (13) breakfast (72) Dairy free (211) dessert (90) Dinner (51) dips and sauces; sauces (43) extra's (17) Fitness (6) gluten free (231) Grain free (169) low calorie (51) lunch (85) Paleo (201) raw food (122) salad (21) smoothie (8) snacks (194) vegan (162) vegetarian (45)